Monday, January 24, 2011

"But I like my teeth IN my mouth!!!!"

On a quiet Tuesday evening in the Munn house, we were sitting on the couch chatting about our day and Sam very calmly says, "Mom, why's my tooth wiggling?!" All of our quiet moments were gone in a second.  Since he is only 4 years old we had never even explained the idea of losing teeth, so I tried to give him a VERY quick rundown of how it works: wiggly tooth, it falls out, tooth fairy... Sam stopped me at the "it falls out" part with a SHRIEK unlike I've ever heard.  "But mom, I like my teeth in my mouth!!!  How will I chew up my fruit snacks?!"  After approximately 20 minutes of crying and fussing, talking on the phone with Oma, and me taking pictures of course, we finally convinced Sam that it had to come out.  He sat calmly on the counter while Rob looped a piece of string around the little tooth and pulled.  We cheered and screamed and called everyone we knew to tell them the good news.  All of a sudden, Maicey is sobbing her eyes out... "I don't want that fairy in my house!!!!"  One drama after another... how many more teeth do we have to lose in our house?

No comments:

Post a Comment