Friday, May 27, 2011

Thankful TH-Friday...

I had all good intentions of getting this up yesterday, but I was sick as a dog and am just now feeling like I can at least halfway function!

Today I'm so Thankful for a man that has been such an inspiration for so many people for a lot of years.

I totally stole this picture from his facebook profile :)


Mike Gowdy is a friend of a friend... someone I saw at birthday parties, or cookouts, or first communions.  We always got along well, had a good time, and laughed a lot.  Since the developement of facebook, we've talked a lot more... gotta love social networking :)

Well a few days ago, Mike came up with a plan to head to Joplin to help the tornado victims there.  What an amazing idea... only to be executed by Mike Gowdy!  I always knew he was a nice guy, but what a selfless act for him to drop everything and head down to help people he's never even met.

We were all so excited that we wanted to help, so our studio raised $400 to send with him.  Along with our contribution, other friends of Mike's gave him supplies, money, and prayers and his plan is to go to Joplin and simply help whoever he can.

So today I am thankful for you Mike Gowdy, for you are living the golden rule, Treat others as you wish to be treated.  I am thankful there are still people in the world that have a heart of gold and you give me hope that my children will live a better life because of people like you.

Have a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment